Are you looking for a beautiful honeymoon destination or a relaxing holiday, in peaceful surroundings, with a range of fun activities to choose from, lovely accommodations, good food and wine? New Zealand is a perfect destination for romantics and the young at heart, the ultimate “ends of the earth” place to escape from everyday life.
New Zealand's lodges and boutique bed and breakfasts offer tranquil, luxurious and relaxing retreats to unwind in and equally beautiful settings to consider for a small wedding party. The accommodations in our romantic short breaks and our suggested honeymoon itineraries provide a perfect mixture of activity and comfort, relaxation, good food and wine, but also plenty to do. Each accommodation is in an area with a range of options from winery tours to hiking, biking, sailing, fly fishing or taking an amazing helicopter trip to a snow landing high in New Zealand's Southern Alps. So you can do as little or as much as you feel like. Whether you are planning a honeymoon in New Zealand or just relaxing time-out from a busy schedule, these itineraries are perfect.
- Beach and Sand - The Bay of Islands, Waiheke Island, The Coromandel, Nelson
- Lakes and Mountains - Taupo, Queenstown and Lake Wanaka or a luxury haven on the West Coast
- Wilderness - Te Anau and Fiordland
- Wine & Gourmet - The Hawkes Bay and Blenheim
Romantic New Zealand - a Green Journeys digital ibook
- Acacia Cliffs Lodge Taupo, Central Plateau
- Birds Ferry Lodge near Punakaiki, West Coast
- The Resurgence Abel Tasman, Nelson Region
- The Factory Kaikoura, Canterbury
- Takou River Lodge Kerikeri, Bay of Islands
- Rimu Lodge Hokitika, West Coast
- Manawa Ridge Waihi, Southern Coromandel
- The Boatshed Waiheke Island, Auckland