There is something very special about being utterly “away from it all”, no roads, no urban noise, just you and New Zealand's magnificent wilderness. New Zealand is famous for its wilderness and vast national parks and sometimes the best way to really experience this is complete immersion, on a multi-day guided hike or by taking an overnight cruise and feeling like an early explorer discovering the never ending waterways and the absolute stillness of Doubtful Sound for the first time. New Zealand has some classic hikes and we have chosen a small number of them to offer you a range of options from riverside wilderness to high remote ridges to easy walking from beach to bay to a private trek on a 2000 hectare farm high in the Kaikoura ranges.
On all of these the accommodation is excellent, though simpler, with small but clean ensuite rooms or rooms sharing a private bathroom, hot showers and a plentiful supply of lunches, dinners and snacks to sustain you. Shearwater Lodge near Kaikoura and the lodges chosen by Marlborough Sounds Wilderness Guides on the Queen Charlotte Track offer you personal hosting and superb accommodation in a remote setting. The Hollyford and Humpridge tracks will challenge but reward you while the overnight trips on Doubtful and Milford Sound are the best way to truly discover Fiordland. Go with an open mind, a sense of adventure, reasonable fitness and enjoy some really authentic New Zealand experiences.
- Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Te Anau & Doubtful Sound
- Queen Charlotte Track Marlborough Sounds
- South Island Private Tours & Transfers Christchurch & South Island
- Hollyford Track Guided Walk Fiordland
- Tour NZ on a Harley Davidson Nationwide Tours & Rental
- Private Guided Nature Tours North Island & Nationwide
- Kaikoura Wilderness Experience Kaikoura, Canterbury
- Nationwide Private Tours & Transfers North Island & South Island