Wilderness Lodge Arthur's Pass
Arthur's Pass, Canterbury
Eco-lodge & nature guides, Arthur's Pass
A purpose built eco-lodge surrounded by native forest on a 2,400 ha farm in the heart of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. The Wilderness Lodge at Arthur's Pass offers eco accommodation and on-site nature tours in a spectacular mountain setting. Walk from your room into a natural paradise of beech forest, tussock clearings, moss-lined streams and lakes. Enjoy stylish lodgings, gourmet food and warm hospitality. Owned by renowned New Zealand conservationists with exclusive onsite wildlife and farm tours, this is a destination for wildlife enthusiasts, hikers, or those wanting to experience a New Zealand high country fine merino sheep farm.
The highlight of a stay at the Lodge is a daily programme of guided nature and sheep farm discovery activities. On arrival you receive a copy of the current activities programme, maps and information on the network of farm, forest and tussock trails. Put away your cars keys for a couple of days, settle in and explore…
The lodge is a natural stop to pause and explore the New Zealand high country between Christchurch and the West Coast.
Accommodation & Activity Package
Our Mountain View Rooms have magnificent views out over the Waimakariri River Valley and Southern Alps.
- Open the full length feature doors to take in the views across the Waimakariri River to the Arthur's Pass National Park.
- Suitable for a couple or 2 adults with one child under 12 years sharing
- Each room has its own bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities, fresh fruit and flowers
- Rooms with an interconnecting door are available for families.
Our magnificent luxurious Alpine Lodges are nestled into sandstone rocks and mountain beech forest and have lovely mountain views.
- Suitable for a couple or 2 adults only, these rooms are not available for children.
- Large and stylish with gas fire and spa baths with views.
- Ideal for those who want to treat themselves for their anniversary, honeymoon or a long stay holiday with us
- Complimentary guided activity
- Full day guided trips $
- Natural history library
- Satellite wifi
- Kayaks & 25 km of walking trails
- Working sheep farm
Price: $898 to $1,178
Dinner B&B with complimentary guided walk
ROOMS 24 | MAX GUESTS 48
The Lodge is located on SH73, the scenic mountain highway linking Christchurch and the West Coast.
- We are 16km east of Arthur's Pass township, then one kilometre up Cora Lynn Rd.
- The Lodge is approximately 110 minutes (130km) from either the city of Christchurch or the West Coast town of Greymouth.
- The Tranz Alpine Train arrives in Arthur's Pass from Christchurch at 10.42am each day or 3.57pm from Greymouth on the West Coast. If you are coming via train, please let us know so we can arrange to meet you. The train transfer fee is $29 per person (one way) for the 16km trip to the Lodge.
- Christchurch International airport is only 125km from the Lodge.
Wilderness Lodge Arthur's Pass is a comfortable 370km (230 mile) six hour drive from Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki in South Westland. You should plan to leave the Lodge by 9am to give yourself an hour or two at the Glaciers en route. The driving guides below are useful for planning your drive between the 2 Lodges.
MINIMUM STAY 2 nights between 20 December & 1 March
CHILD POLICY Children 2-12 welcome in Mountain & Garden Rooms
CHECK-IN 2pm | CHECK-OUT 10:30am
CANCELLATION 7 days 100%
ANNUAL CLOSURE mid-May until mid-August
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS Surcharge applies
- Michael McSweeney
- T +64 3 318 9246
- W www.wildernesslodge.co.nz
State Highway 73, Arthur’s Pass (16kms east of Arthur’s Pass village), Canterbury
Farm tours, wildlife and nature tours, hiking and guided alpine and valley hikes, fly fishing or kayaking.
Christchurch Airport - 1 hour 30 minutes
Greymouth - 1 hour 30 minutes
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki - 4 hours 30 minutes