Luxury Hotel, Christchurch
A consistently popular small luxury hotel perfectly situated beside beautiful Hagley Park and the river Avon offering a tranquil city retreat. Impeccable service, fifty three stylish and spacious rooms overlooking the park and two award winning in-house restaurants. The location is the best in the city; peaceful yet central. Walk or bike to the botanical gardens, cafes and shops. The separate “Residence” accommodates 2-8 people.
The George is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards and was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards.
The George is Christchurch's premier 5 star hotel.
- Park Suites - Panoramic views over Hagley Park and the Avon River, Some with balconies, Large separate bedroom with Californian King bed or two king single beds, Separate lounge 60m²
- Junior Suites - Luxurious bedding with either California Kings beds (can be split into twins), or King beds in the balcony rooms, 44m²
- Premium Executive Rooms - King beds (can be split into twins), or twin double beds, Some rooms have balconies, some rooms have picture windows, 30m²
- Executive Rooms - King beds or Twin single beds
- The Residence - separate cottage sleeping 2-8 in a single party booking
- Braskfast & all day dining in 50 Bistro
- Fine dining in Pescatore
- Room service
- Free Wifi up to 200 MB
- Free parking
- Complimentary newspaper
- Mountain Bikes
- Off-site gym admission
Price: $505 to $965
ROOMS 53 | COTTAGE 1 | GUESTS 108
From Airport follow Memorial Avenue 7 kms to Hagley Park then left into Harper Avenue to Bealey Avenue, left into Victoria St, left at Dorset Street, left at Park Terrace.
The George is on the corner Peterborough / Park Terrace.
MINIMUM STAY None
CHILD POLICY 1 child under 12 years can share parents room
CHECK-IN 2pm | CHECK-OUT 11am
CANCELLATION 48 hours 1 night's accommodation
SEASON Open year round
Hagley Park, Botanical Gardens, Shigeru Ban Cathedral, Quake City Display at Canterbury Museum, Canterbury Trails tours or the city and wider region including Kaikoura.
Hagley Park - 1 minute walk
Christchurch cafes & shops - 5 minutes walk
Christchurch Airport - 20 minutes
Christchurch Railway Station - 10 minutes
Activities in this area
- Arthur's Pass Day Tour
- Kaikoura Day Tour
- Akaroa Day Tour
- Tour NZ on a Harley Davidson
- South Island Private Tours & Transfers