Waiheke Island, Auckland
Small luxury hotel, Auckland
The Boatshed small luxury hotel on Waiheke Island is just five minutes up the hill from sandy Little Oneroa beach. Its casual and elegant atmosphere works in perfect harmony with its seaside location. The chic, architecturally designed small luxury suites offer panoramic ocean views. All day dining for hotel guests is a wonderful way to make the most of the hotel's beautiful design, architecture, art and the local surrounds, as well as the beautiful bay and ocean views. Romantic luxury accommodation, beautiful grounds with private dining enclaves, a chef's garden and options for in-house suites or self-contained bungalows ideal for families or couples travelling together.
The Boatshed started its life as the small Waiheke holiday cottage of designer David Scott, his dream of one day sharing this special place was realized with its perfectly executed transformation to what is now one of New Zealand’s best loved small luxury hotels.
Waiheke Island is an eclectic mix of vineyards, sophisticated and alfresco restaurants, holiday homes, artists' studios & galleries and golden sand beaches for swimming and seaside adventures.
The Boatshed luxury boutique hotel is just a 35 minute by ferry from New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland, or 10 minutes by helicopter from Auckland. Five minutes stroll to the local Oneroa shopping & markets - three minutes to the beach.
The Boatshed is a small, personally hosted luxury hotel on Waiheke Island, Auckland which has just 5 guest suites (3 Boatsheds, The Lighthouse and The Bridge Suite) and 2 bungalows offering an eclectic mix of different spaces and styles but each providing comfort, space and perfect sea views.
- Comfortable in-house accommodation with terrace access and open fire
- Each Boatshed sleeps two, super king or twin
- Romantic and unique three-storey tower with spiral stair, magnificent views and surround deck
- Sleeps two - queen bed
- Separate day room, Dumb Waiter for private dining
- Spacious with traditional porch and deck and high views over the coast
- Sleeps two - super-king or twin bed. Can accommodate infant to 12 months, cot and bedding available
- Private shuttered decks, open fire
- Separate traditional bungalows just a stroll from the main lodge with the same intriguing design and lots of indoor/outdoor living space. Ideal for a family or two couples travelling together. Can accommodate infant to 12 months, cot and bedding available.
- Luggage and dressing rooms, large bathrooms with freestanding bathtub, open fire, private entrance
- Complimentary treats, evening port, and non alcoholic beverages, coffee & tea facilities, mini bar
Dinner should be booked in advance, and there are lots of private dining areas on the property and options for lighter antipasto platters if preferred. Walk on the beach, read a book in the sun, relax and be pampered.
- Spa Treatments
- Art & Architecture Package
- Air conditioning
- TV, DVD, CD, Bose iPod Dock
- magazine, book & CD selections
- complimentary WIFI
- beach gear including shade umbrella, sun hats, beach bag, sand mat & sunscreen
Price: $685 to $1,120
Bed & Breakfast
ROOMS 5 | COTTAGES 2 | MAX GUESTS 14
Helicopter transfer from Auckland International Airport one-way
Small Helicopter $1050 max 2 people - carry on luggage, roll bags, and small suitcase only.
Large Helicopter $1650 Max 6 people - Suitable for those traveling with international luggage
(Travel Time 10 minutes)
Light Aircraft transfer one-way
Approx $285 per person (Travel Time 15-20 minutes)
Ferry Transfers from Auckland
Approx $36 per person return (Travel Time 35-40 minutes)
MINIMUM STAY None
CHILD POLICY No children under 12
CHECK-IN 3pm | CHECK-OUT 10:30am
CANCELLATION 7 days 100% | 21 days 1 night charged
SEASON Open year round
- Jonathan Scott
- T +64 9 372 3242 / M: 021 512 127
- W www.boatshed.co.nz
Corner Tawa and Huia Street, Little Oneroa, Waiheke Island
Beaches, wineries, gourmet and local art, craft or sculpture discovery tours with Ananda tours, Auckland city ferry cruises.
Waiheke shops & cafés - 5 minutes walk
Beach - 3 minutes walk
Auckland Airport - 10 minutes by helicopter, 20 minutes by small plane
Auckland Downtown - 40 minutes by ferry
Activities in this area
- Wine & Gourmet Tours
- Tour NZ on a Harley Davidson
- Private Guided Nature Tours
- Nationwide Private Tours & Transfers
- America's Cup Sailing