Abel Tasman, Nelson Region
Luxury Eco Lodge, Abel Tasman
Voted one of the world's 25 best luxury eco lodges, The Resurgence Lodge is set in 50 acres of tranquil native bush with 5km of walking tracks. Surrounded by birds, this relaxed and friendly Wilderness Lodge is a perfect base for exploring the Nelson Region. Dinner is a highlight with 4-course lodge-dining showcasing Nelson wine and local produce or self-cater on your own private deck under a canopy of stars.
The Resurgence is the closest 5-star lodge to the Abel Tasman National Park and also offers easy day trips to Golden Bay, Kahurangi National Park or Nelson cycle trails, art studios and wineries. Let your well-travelled hosts help you plan activities such as kayaking, hikes and birding trips to winery and art tours.
Ideal for honeymoons and for active couples who enjoy good food and nature.
Child-free, smoke free resort is accessible by road, 45 minutes from Nelson airport and 15 minutes from Kaiteriteri, gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park.
- Bush Lodges: unique honeymoon suites king / twin beds with clawfoot bath-tub, kitchen & BBQ, privacy, space and awesome views
- Bush Chalets: king / twin beds standalone studio suites with kitchen & BBQ, big deck and views
- Rooms in the main Lodge: Queen bed with ensuite & balcony
Designed for the couples market, all rooms sleep a maximum of 2 adults. Maximum group size 8 guests in 4 rooms during peak season.
- Breakfast (full or continental)
- Aperitifs & Lodge Dining
- Self-cater in Bush Chalets or Bush Lodges
- 5km of walking tracks on-site
- Pool, hot tub & gym
- mountain bikes
- Satellite wifi
- Same day laundry service $
- Massages and facials by arrangement $
Price: $575 to $945
Self-contained / Dinner B&B
Half board upgrade - dinner & cooked breakfast $120pp, advance booking essential
ROOMS 4 | COTTAGES 6 | MAX GUESTS 20
From Motueka, follow SH60 north through Riwaka. Continue past the turnings to the Abel Tasman (Kaiteriteri & Marahau) and 2km further on, just as the Takaka Hill starts to rise, turn left down Riwaka Valley Road towards the 'source of the river'. The lodge is on your right after 5.7kms.
Nelson Airport 45 minutes, Motueka 20 minutes, Kaiteriteri 15 minutes.
MINIMUM STAY usually 2 nights, for single night stays please enquire
CHILD POLICY No children under 18, except babies under 6 months in Bush Suites
CHECK-IN 3pm - 7pm | CHECK-OUT 10:30am
CANCELLATION 14 days 100% | 30 days 50% | 60 days 25%
ANNUAL CLOSURE 16 April until 15 October
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR No check-in or check-out on December 25th. Festive dinners on 24th, 25th & 31st with no surcharge
- Clare de Carteret-Bisson & Peter Adams
- T +64 3 528 4664
- W www.resurgence.co.nz
574 Riwaka Valley Road, Motueka
Abel Tasman National Park, kayaking, hiking, cruising. Tasman Taste Trail biking. Nelson wine/art/Hobbit trails, helicopter tours. Golden Bay & Kahurangi National Park.
Cafes & shops - 20 minutes
Abel Tasman Park - 15 minures
Nelson airport - 1 hour
Picton Ferry - 3 hours
Activities in this area
- Abel Tasman Luxury Boat Cruise
- Clifftop & Beach Horse Treks
- Lord of the Rings Helicopter Flight
- Fly, Gather, Dine
- Abel Tasman Kayak Trips
- Abel Tasman Cruise & Walk
- Art, Wilderness & Wine Private Tours
- Hobbits Holidays Location Tours
- Great Taste Trail & Bike Tours
- Boat & Guided Walk Eco Tours