Rafting New Zealand
Tongariro River, Turangi
White Water Rafting
The Tongariro White Water is regarded as NZ's best half day white water rafting adventure. Rafting New Zealand guide white water adventures that everyone can enjoy. They raft the best rivers, employ the best “Kiwi” guides, outfit their clients in the best gear and have the best raft base facilities in the country. You can choose from a wide range of river rafting and kayaking trips, learn new skills, enjoy wild and beautiful scenery and have a massive "blast" at the same time.
Operating now for over 20 years, this rafting operator has an intimate knowledge of the rivers they raft and maintain an exceptional safety record. The business was awarded the "Best Rafting Operation in NZ" - 2010, 2011 and 2012. Staff are highly trained Kiwi professionals, outdoor adventurers who love what they do and will keep you safe. Equipment is updated annually and in excellent condition.
Rafting New Zealand is located at the southern end of Lake Taupo in the Alpine Village of Turing, with modern facilities, a friendly atmosphere, hot solar powered showers, retail shopping and a small cafe, you are well catered for!
Tongariro White Water
Our home run – & most popular river adventure - Only 15 minutes drive from our base. Aotearoa's Best Grade 3 White Water Action!
- To raft over 50 plus fun, exciting rapids.
- To experience New Zealand as it was 100 years ago.
- To travel on pristine, clear water, through native flora and volcanic cliffs. Water so fresh you can drink it!
- Spectacular Wild Life. You'll see lots of trout and you regulary see the endangered native whio whio (Blue Duck). It doesn't quack it whistles!
- To walk up a stream and jump off the hidden Puketarata waterfall. (Optional and weather permitting).
- A professional, experienced, fun kiwi river guide.
- Out fitted in up to date, top quality river apparel.
- Transport from accommodation if required. (conditions apply)
- Spacious changing facilities, clean toilets and hot solar powered showers.
- Hot snack & drink
- The option of purchasing a cd of excellent photo’s from your trip.
- A sense of adventure
- Bathing suit and towel ( towels available at extra cost)
Departs 9am & 2pm Summer, 12 noon Winter | Duration 4 hours (2-2.5 hours on the river)
Minimum age: 13 years and up (10 - 12 years if accompanied 1:1 by an adult)
Tongariro Family Fun
“This trip is all about having fun, while travelling through the beautiful reaches of the lower Tongariro River”. A great option for families with younger children, our more senior of citizens and non-english speaking visitors alike.
Price: $90 to $169
Private tour option
Located in Turangi Township.
CHILD POLICY Family Fun suitable for all. Tongariro White Water - 13 years and up (10 - 12 years if accompanied 1:1 by an adult)
CANCELLATION 48 hours 100% | cancellation due to weather or mechanical reasons Full Refund
SEASON Year round