Peka Peka Beach, Kapiti Coast
Kapiti Coast accommodation
Located just one hour north of Wellington, nestled in the sand dunes overlooking Peka Peka Beach lies Atahuri. Its secluded beachside location offers guests a unique place in which to stay along with genuine kiwi hospitality. Atahuri was designed by renowned Waiheke Island architect Ron Stevenson, whose brief was to build a luxury lodge that blended with its environment.
Atahuri offers four luxury suites and is the perfect base for discerning travelers looking for privacy and tranquility in a spectacular beach setting. Local, national and international artworks feature throughout the contemporary Retreat. Comfy sofas, bay windows and stunning views, await weary travelers looking to curl up with a good book and glass of wine.
Outside, a sheltered courtyard with views of the Tararua’s has a large open fire, BBQ, outdoor furniture and louvre-tech roof enabling guests to eat al fresco in most weather. Wa.lk past the edible garden’s guava hedge and passionfruit vines to the curved shaped swimming pool and spa that capture the last of the evening sun. Breathtaking views of the Tasman Sea and Kapiti Island can be seen from the roof top deck – a great spot to watch the sun go down!
From Atahuri guests can visit nearby Kapiti Island, a magnificent pristine bird sanctuary and marine reserve, enjoy a round of golf at one of the 4 courses within a 15 min radius one of which hosted Tiger Woods whilst he was No.1 in the world, visit Southwards Car Museum considered the largest in the southern hemisphere, go for a horse trek along the beach, visit an award winning vineyard and brewery, book a scenic helicopter ride, bike to the numerous art galleries in the area stopping off for a coffee on the way………………
The New Zealand theme continues with meals cooked by your kiwi host, focusing on fresh New Zealand seafood, lamb, fruit and vegetables grown on the property, accompanied by gourmet offerings from the Kapiti Coast.
Each suite has a private entrance with a patio facing seaward. New Zealand art work, luxurious furnishings and a touch of beachside chic features throughout. The feather duvets, fine linen and heavenly bath for two, create the perfect sanctuary for rest and rejuvenation after a day exploring the Kapiti Coast and neighbouring regions.
- Super King bed
- spacious lounge area
- private en-suite with separate bath for two and shower
- tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, mini snack bar, safe, iron and ironing board
- Flat screen TV, DVD and free WFI access
- Beach Towels, bath robes, hairdryer
- Essential Elements toiletries
- HAREKEKE - the honeymoon suite looks out towards the Tasman Sea and Kapiti Island. A private edible garden courtyard tucked away in the dunes that catches the suns first rays and provides that much needed shade later in the day is another added feature of this suite.
- OIOI - This suite looks out towards the Tasman Sea and Kapiti Island. Guests can choose to sit in the private outdoor patio or garden courtyard, depending on time of the day.
- KAKAHO - This suite has views of Kapiti Island and is immersed in the dunes. Nothing could be more soothing than being lulled asleep by the sound of the sea.
- SPINIFEX - This twin suite with views of Kapiti Island is immersed in the dunes and offers two super king single beds. Nothing can be more soothing than being lulled asleep by the sound of the sea. It is the closest suite to the main Lodge.
- Dinner by arrangement
- Guest Laundry
- Outdoor Pool and Spa Pool
- Complimentary Road Bikes
- Outside Fire Place
Price: $500 to $600
Bed & Breakfast
ROOMS 4 | MAX GUESTS 8
- Peka Peka Beach is off State Highway 1 one hour drive from Wellington
- Inter-Islander Ferry – one hour drive
- Wellington Airport 90 minutes.
- Paraparaumu Airport, 10 minutes away, has direct flight to/from Auckland, Nelson & Blenheim
- Train to Waikanae takes one hour from Wellington
- Waikanae Train Station to Peka Peka Beach 10 minutes by car with courtesy transfer available
CHILD POLICY Children are only accepted when all 4 rooms are booked
CHECK-IN xx | CHECK-OUT xx
CANCELLATION 7 days 100% | 30 days 50%
SEASON Open all year
Kapiti Island wildlife excursion, golf, unspoilt beaches, local walks and cycling, Te Papa, Weta workshops, Wellington Botanical Gardens, Zealandia.
Wellington cafes & shops - 1 hour by car or train
Inter-Island Ferry - 1 hour
Taupo - 4 hours
Napier - 3 hours 15 minutes
Flights from Paraparaumu to Nelson or Blenheim - Air2There
Activities in this area
- Island Bird Sanctuary Tour
- Tour NZ on a Harley Davidson
- National Museum & Cultural Tours
- Zealandia and Botanic Gardens Tour
- Hobbit & LOTR Tours
- Wellington Art, Wine & City Tours