Abel Tasman Eco Tours
Abel Tasman, Nelson Region
Boat & Guided Walk Eco Tours
Explore the Abel Tasman National Park in New Zealand with Abel Tasman Eco Tours and boat charters. Our full day eco tours will transport you to a world of golden sands, crystal clear waters and majestic native New Zealand forests. Our Abel Tasman tours are one of the most spectacular New Zealand eco tours available.
Explore the coastal wonders and hidden waterways where marine and birdlife can be seen in their natural habitats. Your experienced guide will teach you all about the amazing conservation story unfolding around you in the Abel Tasman National Park, the different wildlife that lives here and the dedicated people that work to help them thrive.
Golden Future - Boat & Guided Walks
On the original tour you can expect:
- A tour from magical Marahau, the gateway to the park.
- Flexibility and friendliness.
- The personal touch: let us know your interests and we will provide!
- Small groups and your own water taxi ‘Zeehaen’ skippered by your world-class guide.
- Inlets, rock pools, open sea, predator free islands.
- Marine mammals, land and sea birds, fish, plants, invertebrates and more.
- An easy and stunning guided walk around Pitt Head ecological island, with incredible views.
Book a boat trip with Abel Tasman Eco Tours and fall in love with Abel Tasman National Park.
Departs 08:45 | Duration 7 hours
Promised Land - Guided Walk
An incredible walking tour into ‘the Citadel’: a stunning van ride up the Takaka hill and through the fabled Canaan Downs, famous for its part in ‘Lord of the Rings’ and known worldwide for the Gathering and Luminate festivals held there. A walk from the road end to Wainui hut takes us through ancient beech and rata forests filled with a wide variety of birds. This is the last bastion of our native parrots the Kaka and Kakariki in the park and they can be spotted in the wild or if we are lucky in the aviary, ready for their release into the wild. Learn about the history, flora and fauna of this stunning corner of New Zealand and hear the story of Project Janszoon, working hard to restore the park to its former glory.
- Scenic Takaka hill drive, stunning vistas!
- 4 hour walk through ancient forest. (3hr actual walking)
- Crystal clear rivers.
- Rare birds and the endangered Powelliphanta carnivorous land snail.
- A visit to a classic NZ back country trampers hut.
- Your awesome local guide!
Who would enjoy this tour?
- People looking to escape the crowds and have an unforgettable nature experience.
- Specialists, photography, botany, birders etc.
- Groups of up to 8 passengers.
- Moderate walking ability required, might be a bit challenging for children under 6 years old.
Departs 9am | Duration 7 hours
includes picnic lunch
Group discounts by arrangement
Meet at Marahau Boat Ramp. Transport available from Motueka or Riwaka.
CHILD POLICY Family friendly
CANCELLATIONS 24 hours 100% | Bad weather or mechanical problems, full refund
SEASON Open all year